Acceleware's RF XL is a technology that can deliver dramatic benefits quickly, generating higher production than SAGD with half the energy. It is simple and inexpensive to deploy, and provides significant environmental benefits. RF XL is currently being tested in the field, where it is meeting and exceeding projections and expectations.
Benefits of RF XL:
- Opens up access to billions of barrels of oil because it is viable in shallow, deep, and thin reservoirs, as well as carbonates.
- Reduces CAPEX by 76% versus SAGD.
- Reduces OPEX by a minimum of 43% versus SAGD.
- Economically viable one well at a time; no large fixed investment required.
- Quick to deploy; simple and easy to implement.
- Zero external water requirement, no water treatment chemicals.
- Zero solvent requirement.
- Low risk - zero dependency on solvent recovery to realize economic returns.
- Small physical footprint.
- Material reductions in GHGs from production realized immediately upon start up.
- Existing path to zero production GHGs.
- Can remain competitive in low price oil environments.
- Eliminates the need for costly steam and water separation plants, yet can be easily added to expand production at existing SAGD plants.
- Rapid commercialization (3 years - ready for full scale commercialization by 2020) and adoption due to the use of standard industry materials and components.
- 263 billion USD enhanced oil recovery market is continuing to grow.
The combination of compelling economic benefits, meaningful environmental performance, and the simplicity of commercialization and deployment is what makes RF XL a true game-changer.